Mindfulness is the art of turning in, being aware of one's thoughts, emotions or inner experience moment to moment without being caught up or taken over by it.
When we start to rest in focused, nonjudgmental attention, life moves from auto-pilot, stuck in reaction, to aware and awake living, filled with choice and adaptability.
This series combines evidence-based approaches, Buddhist philosophies and Neuroscience for a practical, interactive and experiential inner journey.
We will meet every month in person/online for 2 hours of practice and exploration
There will be home practices and a forum for questions and sharing.
Each month costs : 55 USD
MONTH ONE: WHY MEDITATION AND WHAT IS IT!?
- What is meditation and Why?!
- Turning in- the importance of the breath
- Making a daily self study chart of the breath
OFFERING TWO: THE ART OF BEING VS DOING.
- Anapana meditation.
- Cultivating paying attention.
- Noticing when we aren't present, letting go and coming back.
OFFERING THREE: THE SELF LEADERSHIP MODEL.
- Looking at the Self leadership model and personality structures.
- Turning the lens inward and embracing all sides of ourselves.
- Moving from being in to being with.
OFFERING FOUR: Loving kindness and grateful living
- Loving kindness meditation
- Grateful practices-learning about the negativity bias and overcoming it
OFFERING FIVE: JUST LIKE ME
- Compassionate living
- Situational psychology
- Just like me meditation
- Setting up a daily home practice.
- The importance of morning and evening routines